Hallo

> I believe i'm experiencing the "juddering" bug:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=3456&group_id=5776#ss3.4
>
> However, my situation doesn't seem to fit into what's described in the
> HOWTO.

> Here are the initial AVI and the resulting MPEG2 that was used to author
> the DVD:
> http://florin.myip.org/debug/
250MB's are a bit big for a ISDN connection, but the first 10 fields (as
small jpegs) would be very interresting.

> On the DV .avi file i applied the method indicated in the HOWTO to
> analyse the fields order.
> It seems like it's a "bottom first" video stream (see image0 and
> image1), but otherwise it's ok. I checked it out for the next thousand
> of frames or so, the order of the fields is fine, there's no back and
> forth movement, it's all smooth and as it should be.
Did you

> However, i don't know how to analyse the MPEG2 file. I cannot apply the
> method from the HOWTO, because the intermediary YUV stream is not
> generated through mjpegtools; mpeg2enc (which was used to encode the
> MPEG2) is only the last step in a chain where the previous steps were
> accomplished by a different set of tools.
> Is there a way to extract the fields from the .m2v file?
Which command do you use ?
You could exctract them with mplayer:
mplayer -vo jpeg file.mpg

That will create a lots of jpeg's in the current directory. ;)

But I'm not soure if you see the problem there. If the stream says that
it should play back the top field from the current frame before the
bottom field of the stream. And it would be correct the other way round.

> In theory, i could re-create the DVD with different -z parameters in
> mpeg2enc, but:
> - the encoding time is enormous
Just encode a few minutes.

> - i'd rather not waste DVD-R's, and i'm not sure if i can test with
> DVD-RW (not sure if the players will recognize the format)
>
> Suggestions?
Test it with CD-RW and SVCD format. You should have the same problem
there.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard