I'm lazy.

At last, I've downloaded 1.6.2rc1 and upgraded my old 1.6.0 installation. Good
for me.

I thought I'd share parts of the experience while I still remember it.

Installing:

As I said before, I'm lazy. That's why I downloaded the source rpm and began
rebuilding it for a clean install within the rpm framework. I abandoned that
course when I was asked for libquicktime-devel, and found out that the
libquicktime people didn't have any official rpms for download. The
mjpegtools project can't be blamed for that, though.

The next try was with the source tarball, and that process went very smooth on
this system; configure took care of everything, and the install process was
painless.

Features:

The max-file-time (like max-file-size but with time) feature didn't make it?

Ok, now I'm going to do some more testing.

/Sam