> You should ask on the dvdauthor list to.

I'll check their list out, thanks.

> If you have several other output warnings your mpeg file will very
> likely not be the type dvdauthor wants

no output warnings, except for what dvdauthor gives me.

> Just use the -f 8 option and don't use the -n n in lav2wav and mpeg2enc.
>
> BTW: Taken a look at the mjpeg howto (found on mjpeg.sf.net) secion:
> "Creating DVD's" or "Optimizing the stream" ?

That I have, but not recently. Will do again.

> > lav2wav +n /video/Road*/Final*/Intro.mov | mp2enc -r 224 -r 48000 -s -o
> > intro.mp2 &&
> I hope the 1st -r is just a typing mistake. And you used -b 224.

I am partially following LG (Linux Gazette) #83 (but since it is rather
outdated, I just use it for reference for some commands). it used mp2enc -V
... and on the mp2enc manpage, -V is said to be equivalent to:

-V     Force VCD comaptible output. Same as -r 224 -r 44100 -s

(the two -r's did seem rather odd to me, but I followed the manual).

Rich