On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Trent Piepho wrote:

> But what about bit allocation?  You need to know how big the last GOP was to
> figure out how many bits you can use for the next GOP.

        Well, you know the maximum bitrate allowed (via the -b option) - could
        encode each GOP with that limit in mind.    I'm not sure how bits
        "carry over" from GOP to GOP.

        Nice self-contained chunks of data should parallelize nicely - perhaps
        not that hard to extend to a "cluster".    That'd be fast I'd think.