On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 11:10:59PM +0200, Alfonso wrote:

> >Thanks for the tip, but I found Steve's formula in my inbox and used it to
> >generate 6 seconds of silence to go with the 150 frames of 720X576 video
> >of four X-Wings flying in formation against a starfield and used mplex to
> >create a DVD compatible mpg. However, when I copied this to the M$
> >partition and tried to use Nero to create a VCD from it, it said I needed
> >to buy an MPEG2 plugin to convert the video, so I can't test my resolution
> >on a TV just yet.
> >

> John
>
> I'm not sure what do you want to do, but two things inmediately spring
> to my mind.

That one's easy, 720x576 frame size is not valid for VCD.  Also
interlaced mpeg2 is not valid for VCD.  He would need mpeg1 at
352x288 frame size (assuming that 720x576 means you are making PAL
disks) for a valid VCD.

It's quite possible to generate mpeg1 vcd compatible streams with
mjpegtools, and that's what he needs to generate if it really wants
to go to VCD.