My target is to create some DVD test Computer Generated videos using POV-Ray and mjpeg tools. I've generated several seconds of test video with this, but I have no way to put them onto DVD ATM, so I was hoping to burn a VCD to test the resolution, as they look poor on the computer , buty I"m running into formatting issues, so I'll just play around a bit more. I know someone whio makes DVD's so maybe I'll burn the video to CD and take it to him to make a test DVD instead.

John

I'd suggest you to then generate directly mpg in VCD format. Just pass to mpeg2enc & mplex the option -f 1 (standard VCD) instead of -f 8 (standard DVD) adjusting your silence for mplex accordingly to 44Khz. Then you use vcdxbuild to generate the ISO image and then cdrecord to burn it.

If you cannot (or don't want) to compile these two in your system, then go the Windows route, but you're better off if you generate VCD directly even then, as you'll save the conversion step to the Windows VCD burning utility.

Don't worry, about the apparent resolution problems in your computer. Your monitor has a much higher resolution than the TV set. What appears ugly in the computer often goes unnoticed in the TV, unless it is grossly apparent or a static image.

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: IBM Linux Tutorials Free Linux tutorial presented by Daniel Robbins, President and CEO of GenToo technologies. Learn everything from fundamentals to system administration.http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=1470&alloc_id=3638&op=click _______________________________________________ Mjpeg-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mjpeg-users