Hallo

> I have a standalone DVD player that's quite sensitive to non-standard
> MPEG2 streams. I know a stream goes above the maximum bitrate when my
> player starts skipping every other frame (so all movies look like really
> old Charlie Chaplin movies).
>
> I used to set the bitrate for mpeg2enc at 8500 and all was fine. But
> since i started to use mjpegtools-1.6.2, i keep on getting DVDs that,
> even at 8500, trigger the problem with the player. This never happened
> with previous versions (i think i used all the beta releases).
>
> I'll probably start encoding at 8000 kbps, but to me it looks like the
> rate control got worse in 1.6.2
What was the peak bitrate printed out when you mplexed the stream ?

There were changes in mpeg2enc, but the bitrate control shoul be the
same as it was in in the release before.

Andrew changed the reate controll, before the 1.6.2 release, but that
version was causing problems. So he had reverted it back to the version
before.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]