Hello,

I'm having problems with transcode's "smartyuv", a smart
(motion-detecting) deinterlacer plugin in trascode.

On the user list there, someone told me to go ask on the mjpegtools
list, as smartyuv comes from mjpegtools. If this is actually the wrong
place to ask, I'm sorry... But if it is, I'd be very thankful for some
explanations.

Now the problem. I want to use motion-detecting deinterlacing. And for
actual deinterlacing, I want interpolation, NOT blending (blending
creates artefacts in my samples).

I try smartyuv with Blend=0 . And I get an all-black video track in the
resulting file :(

Without Blend=0, it runs just fine but does blend (and therefore create
artifacts).

Is there a way to make it *work* without blending, using any form of
interpolation?

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik