Hi,

On Monday 03 May 2004 16.22, you wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On Mon, 3 May 2004, Michael Hanke wrote:
> > - In my old OS setting (SuSE 7.2), I never observed these artifacts.
> > Recently, I upgraded to SuSE 9.0.
>
> Can you try an old driver version (with a 2.4 kernel) and the new driver
> version with both that same 2.4 kernel version and a 2.6 one? Maybe that
> shows where the problem is.
>
> If you have too much time and want to investigate further to where exactly
> the problem is, you might even want to try multiple kernel versions or
> multiple driver versions.

I can try but I need a little bit more of explanations. The bttv-driver is
part of the kernel tree. My current version (2.4.21) uses a bttv 0.7.x
driver. So the cleanest way to do that is probably to install multiple kernel
versions:
- My old version uses a 2.4.4 kernel.
- On the bttv-page, a patch for 2.4 26 is available which (probably) upgrades
to bttv 0.9.x. The latter needs a different modules.conf. Depending on the
kernel I actually boot, this file must be regenerated as part of the boot
process. How?
- The 2.6.x series is slightly incompatible with the 2.4.x series (alsa etc.)
Moreover, I heard some rumour that 2.6 does not support Promise raid
controllers. I depend on it. Is this fixed?

Thank you very much.

Michael