Hallo

> > LVS creates some temporay files, and deletes them after the work is
> > done.
> > After you have added some secnes LVS create a blend (or what you
> > sellect) form the selected scene to the next (right scene)
> This doesn't seem to be happening.
Which LVS version do you use ? CVS or one from Ronalds site.

In the current CVS the preview is not working. But the render should
work well. So jsut select the thing you want to transform, and that do
render. That should work.

> > After that got to the effects, select create scene transition. And use
> > for the first time, the type bend with the default values. And presse
> > the "accept" Button.
> I did this, the first time I tried, selected Blend, Preview transition, then
> pressed 'accept' but....
If it doesn't start lvs in the debug mode (-d). And send with your next
mail the output when you are in the bend windows and presse the accept
button.

> > Then LVS asks for a filename, where it stores the generated output
> > stream. by default movie.avi. After that LVS should generate the output
> > stream you can view with lav2yuv movie.avi | yuvplay
> This didn't happen.  I don't think it has been saved anywhere.  Certainly
> there is no movie.avi anywhere in my data directory or my home directory, and
> I was not asked for any other name.
Strang can you please send some output in the debug mode.

> > > I struggled a bit to understand 6.5, but then came up with
> > >
> > > lavpipe "lav2yuv -o 255 -f 25 /Data/Cottingley/image01.avi" "lav2yuv -f
> > > 25 /Data/Cottingley/image02.avi" blend1.pli
> > > Segmentation fault
> >
> > That command worked "well" on my machine:
> > ypipe "lav2yuv -v 0 -f 255 p1.eli" "lav2yuv -v 0 -f 255 p2.eli" |
> > transist.flt -o 0 -O 255 -s 25 -d 25 | yuv2lav -v 0 -f a -q 80 -o
> > transition.avi
> I tried that, adjujsted for my files' names and lengths, but it complained
> that lav2yuv didn't know the output size.
Could you please add the whole output. and add -v 2 to lav2yuv.

> I think that many problems are being caused by the fact that when I used
> lavtrans to grab a frame to jpg I ended up with images that were 768 x 288.
> I will re-scale them, by Gimp if necessary, but how can I avoid this
> happening again?
Using pnm as output file:
> lav2yuv -f 1 stream.avi | y4mtoppm -L >file.pnm

BTW: Both streams need to have the same charachteris lice like
framesize/interlacing....

> OTOH, glav plays back the avi files I made from them, at the correct aspect.
That can be that most programms ignor the 2nd field in the jpeg image.

> > If you want to see what really happens start LVS in the debug mode -d
> > thant you see what happens and if the thing is corrected.
> >
> Here are some lines that may be relevant:
>
> Encoding Preview with yuvplay : '0'
>
> ROM    yuvplay:    INFO: [yuvplay] Playing frame 0099 - 0:00:03.24
> FROM    yuvplay:    INFO: [yuvplay] Playing frame 0100 - 0:00:04.00
> FROM    yuvplay:    INFO: [yuvplay] Playing frame 0101 - 0:00:04.01
> FROM    lavpipe:    INFO: [lavpipe] allowing input 0 (source 0) to live
> FROM    lavpipe: ++ WARN: [lav2yuv] unspecified sample-aspect-ratio --- taking
> a guess...
> FROM    yuvplay:    INFO: [yuvplay] Playing frame 0102 - 0:00:04.02
> FROM    yuvplay:    INFO: [yuvplay] Playing frame 0103 - 0:00:04.03
> FROM    yuvplay:    INFO: [yuvplay] Playing frame 0104 - 0:00:04.04
> FROM    yuvplay:    INFO: [yuvplay] Playing frame 0105 - 0:00:04.05
>
> FROM    yuvplay:    INFO: [yuvplay] Playing frame 0154 - 0:00:06.04
> FROM    yuvplay:    INFO: [yuvplay] Playing frame 0155 - 0:00:06.05
> FROM    yuvplay: X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or
> Window parameter)
> FROM    yuvplay:   Major opcode of failed request:  142 (XVideo)
> FROM    yuvplay:   Minor opcode of failed request:  19 ()
> FROM    yuvplay:   Resource id in failed request:  0x2a003f1
> FROM    yuvplay:   Serial number of failed request:  333
> FROM    yuvplay:   Current serial number in output stream:  334
> yuvplay finished
It seems that the preview windows does not work which is a known problem
if you use the LVS CVS version. Just start LVS do no preview, and just
do the conversation.

The problem with the preview will be fixed by Ronald soon.

You wont ged rid of those two GTK messages
> Gtk-WARNING **: invalid unclassed pointer in cast to `GtkLabel'
>
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtklabel.c: line 260 (gtk_label_set_text): assertion
> `GTK_IS_LABEL (label)' failed.
> lavpipe finished
>
> > > I am reading the man pages frequently, Ronald, but sometimes the how-to
> > > and the man pages seem to say different things, which is very confusing.
> > > Also,
> >
> > Thats a known problem. Because someone forgets to tell about changes.
> > And someone does not include the canges into the manpages.
> > For the howto you can always put a curse on me. ;)
> >
> That wasn't a rant, Bernie, but a comment as to why I keep needing to ask
> questions that must seem totally obvious to you and to Ronald :-)

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard