On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 16:30, Torsten Mohr wrote:
> I still have the problem that "glav" dies immediately
> because it can't open ALSA audio on my 2.6.7 with onboard
> sound-intel8x0.
[..]
> The message i get is:
> **ERROR: [lavplay] Error initializing Audio: Audio task died. \
> Reason: Error mapping audio buffer - Input/output error

lavplay doesn't support write()-based access yet. It's basically a
non-implemented feature request... :-(. It's not hard to implement
(simply copy the read-part, and do s/read/write/ and s/get/set/ and so
on for all the kernel calls), but someone has to actually go and do it.
Then, we can add a --use-write option to lavplay and it'd work.

Ronald

--
Ronald Bultje <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>