On Wednesday, Jan 19, 2005, at 19:02 Europe/Stockholm, Steven Boswell II wrote:

/video/DVD/URGH-A Music War (DVD,ac3,advc-colorscale-conform-kinecoF1-newd1_z1t2m30M3-med_fr1R1w8- m2e_b5055q1D10H).mpg

LOL! Worst file name ever! :) Do you have a "filt" tool to demangle that? And on windows, it would just become URGHA~1.MPG :)

What does "pipevalve" do? I don't have that tool.

ffmpeg does y4m input and output pretty well now. If you want to store a perfect YUV-stream I think piping it to ffmpeg and encoding with FFV1 is probably alot better than bzip2-ing it.

For inverse telecine and similar I use mencoder's filters, which are very good, esp with b0rked sources.

  /Roine