On Tuesday 25 January 2005 17:25, Bernhard Praschinger wrote:

> > Captures produced by lavrec always end up in B/W. OTOH, I can take xawtv
> > and see my camcorders life feed in color!
> >
> > Specs:
> > lavrec -v2 -fa -iP -a0  -d2 record.avi
>
> Which input do you have selected in XAWTV ?

S-Video

> If it is Composite -i p (PAL Composite) is the correct input -i P is the
> PAL SVHS input.
> Which card do you have ?

DC30+

> Try using -i p once.

S-Video is my problem child.  Composite works fine.

And right now I can't ever reproduce it, as lavrec captures nothing anymore
from S-Video. (For more info, see the thread "DC30+ identified as DC10?"). I
still haven't worked out what's the underlying problem here. It's capturing
black only now. xawtv is black now too.

/Rebooting/
<mental note>
Don't forget to physically disconnect composite first. Connecting S-Video in
itself is not enough. I don't know why, but it helps.
</mental note>

Ok. lavrec captures again. In B/W. No color. xawt does full color.

> BTW: If you use the precompiled Suse mjpegtools package you don't have
> tool like mpeg2enc and mp2enc. You can either get the whole package from
> SF, or install the mjpegtools src package from the Suse disk, and enable
> the build of mp2enc and mpeg2enc and compile.

I will most definitely try these. Thanks for the pointers.

Koos

--
43rd Law of Computing: Anything that can go wr
fortune: Segmentation violation -- Core dumped