>> S-Video
> Just checking the S-Video In of my DC30+.  When I select the SVHS input
> I only get a B/W Signal even when I have the SVHS input connected. But I
> have a correct Signal when I use the BUZ SVHS input.

I get colour in xawtv (though I think it sometimes changes to b&w for no
reason after trying lavrec -- I'll have to go back and check).

My horizontally messed up lavrec avi's seem to be b&w only.

This is all using only NTSC S-vid.  I will test with composite very soon
now and report back.

> Don't forget to physically disconnect composite first. Connecting S-Video in
> itself is not enough. I don't know why, but it helps.
> </mental note>

Thanks for this "reboot with the connector you want to use plugged in"
tip... I had not thought to try that.  I always tested with S-vid and
almost never rebooted, even between plugs/unplugs.