Hallo

> I need to create a Window Media Player compliant avi file from jpeg images on
> Windows.
> I'm using 1.6.2 mjpetools compiled under cygwin.
> I used a command like this as suggested on mjpeghowto manual
> jpeg2yuv.exe -v 0 -f 25 -I p -j e:\temp\fra_%%04d.jpg | yuv2lav.exe -v 2 -b
> 1000 -q 100 -f A -o example.avi
> All works fine and the file is generated but Windows Media
> Player refuses to play it and also lavinfo isn't able to open it
The Windows media Player ist usually not able to play back mjpeg encoded
AVI's because they don't support the codec. So:
There should be other compatible codes, take a look at:
PicVideo MJPEG (http://www.jpg.com/video/mjpeg.htm) or Morgan
Multimedia's MJPEG (http://www.morgan-multimedia.com/m3jpeg.htm). Both
cost
money and will display text over the video until its registered.
(Cut out of an other mail)

The videolan client is also able to play back that files.

Could you change your command to
yuv2lav.exe -o test.avi

Using -q 100 may cause problems. And I'm not really soure why you want
(-f A) a AVI with reversed fields.

How does lavinfo fail ?

Does:
lav2yuv example.avi >/dev/null (Don't know if /dev/null exists on
Windows)
or:
lav2yuv example.avi | yuvplay
work ?