Now, I'm not a real programmer, but I was wondering...

I know that several M$ programs seem to be able to take advantage of 3D cards
for graphically intensive and image related programs. I imagine this is done
by using the OpenGL libraries to access the extra processing power of the
graphics chip, if the 3D drivers are available. If not, then it should fall
back on software-rendering.

I was wondering if this might be of any benefit to mjpeg-tool users? I know
that OpenGL contains quite a few matrix-based functions that use the
rendering power of the graphics cards that might be of use of some of the
tools? It also provides an abstraction layer and software-fallback when the
driver is missing.

But then again, maybe there are no OpenGL functions that mjpeg-tools could
take advantage of? Just a thought.

Cheers,

        John Gay