On Sat, 26 Mar 2005, Kevin Martineau wrote:

> I have been attempting to compile YUV4MPEG on the latest Fedora Core.
> Unfortunately this fails with the attached errors.

        What is YUV4MPEG?

        The errors below look like they are coming from a Perl build/make and
        there is not a single line or module of perl in mjpegtools  that I can
        see (I can't find any .xs or .pl files).

> YUV4MPEG.c: In function ‘XS_YUV4MPEG__StreamInfo_new’:
> YUV4MPEG.c:119: warning: unused variable ‘package’
> YUV4MPEG.xs: In function ‘XS_YUV4MPEG__StreamInfo_parse’:
> YUV4MPEG.xs:209: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of
> ‘Perl_sv_2pv_flags’ differ in signedness

        The 'YUV4MPEG2' API did change between mjpegtools 1.6.2 and the
        current cvs version.  If "YUV4MPEG" is something which was written
        using the old API then it will have to be updated/modified to work
        with the new API - several functions no longer exist, others take a
        different number of arguments and so on.

        I'm not a perl type of fellow though so I can't be of much help in
        fixing the problem - at first I thought the problem was building
        mjpegtools itself but that doesn't appear to be the situation.