Hi,

Sorry for posting to both marvel-linux and mjpeg-users lists - I'm not sure
whether this is a Marvel driver issue or an mjpegtools issue.

For some months, I've had an issue with lavrec on my Marvel G400 capture card.
I can record successfully, but when recording ends (either by the -t option
on the lavrec command-line or by pressing ^C) lavrec dies with a segmentation
fault. The recording is fine but any attempt to capture again just hangs,
unless I unload and reload the marvel drivers.

I've put the output of a typical lavrec command below. I've tried using read()
instead of mmap().

I've also included the dmesg output from loading the marvel drivers.

I've just tested with latest CVS of both driver_fb and mjpegtools ("cvs up"
within the last 15 minutes) and the issue is present. (I'd hoped it might
have gone away in CVS.) (Actually, latest mjpegtools CVS compile needed a bit
of help finding cpu_accel, then stopped in mpeg2enc but I was able to get
sufficient built to test it.)

I'm running stock kernel 2.6.10 (with the driver_fb i2c patch) and glibc
2.3.4.

Does anyone have any ideas/workarounds/etc?

Thanks,
Stephen