From: Stephen Mollett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 21:10:33 +0100
Subject: [Mjpeg-users] lavrec segfault with matrox driver_fb

For some months, I've had an issue with lavrec on my Marvel G400 capture card. I can record successfully, but when recording ends (either by the -t option on the lavrec command-line or by pressing ^C) lavrec dies with a segmentation fault. The recording is fine but any attempt to capture again just hangs, unless I unload and reload the marvel drivers.
I'm running stock kernel 2.6.10 (with the driver_fb i2c patch) and glibc 2.3.4.
---- kernel messages from "./iv" until lavrec crashes ----

msp3400: Unknown parameter `simple'

You need to change the simple=0 parameter in the modprobe of msp3400 in the iv script to opmode=0. After doing this make sure you power down the computer before restarting because the msp3400 module can get locked up into a bad state if configured wrongly.

I have lavrec+G400TV working fine on 2.6.11.3.