On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 04:41:54PM -0700, Steven M. Schultz wrote:
>       Did you use a Hi8 tape or a regular 8mm tape?  As I recall (from
>       my analog days ;)) a Hi8 camcorder will record on either type of tape
>       but the higher quality (hi-band/Hi mode) only on Hi8 tapes.

I used a Hi8 tape.

>       I do not think though that the problem is related to the tape.

I too don't think the problem comes from the tape. It's a good Sony
tape, and was new when I used it.

>       If you attach the camcorder to a TV and view the tape do you see
>       trails then?  If not that would say the problem is not in the tape
>       or the camcorder.

I don't have a TV...

>       The thing to try is remove all filters from the pipeline and see if
>       that makes a difference.
>
>       lav2yuv | yuvscaler | mpeg2enc
>
>       If that looks ok then add the filters one at a time until the problem
>       occurs.
>
>       Hmmm, 'yuvdenoise' doesn't have a -F option so it appears you're
>       not using the cvs version of mjpegtools.  THere is a possibility
>       that you're encountering a bug that was fixed in the cvs version
>       (a release never seems to happen - it gets discussed and then
>       forgotten).

I compiled the CVS version, but I can't get it to de-interlace my
videos...

nice -19 lav2yuv 200503_Courses_Magny_Cours_01.avi | y4mshift -n -2 |
y4mscaler -I active=744x560+12+8TL -O preset=DVD -S option=sinc:6 |
yuvmedianfilter -T 3 | yuvdenoise -F | mpeg2enc -f 8 -c -D 10 -E -10 -q
2 -K tmpgenc -o 200503_Courses_Magny_Cours_01.m2v

Moreover, I can't crop the image as I did in the old 0.6.2 version... =(

>       The only other thing I can, at the moment, think of to try is a
>       different capture method.  If you had a analog->DV converter perhaps
>       that would behave differently - but I think that's more effort/expense
>       than you want to get into.

I would like to keep using a method similar to the one I use for the
moment...

--- conti / OxStOnE --------------  O