On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, E.Chalaron wrote:

> Nicolas
>
> Drop the deinterlace your computer will do it for you ...

        Yes, it can be done at playback time (I know both 'vlc' and
        'MPlayer' can deinterlace during the playing of the movie).

> Add  -g 6 -G 9 to maintain fair values of q on P frame, use -R 0 to get rid
> of B frames.

        For the 1.6.2 version it is necessary to use "-R 0", that is true.
        If you're using the CVS version then '-R 0' is the default (but it
        does not harm anything to state the obvious ;)).

        Also, I saw mention that the image was not as clear/sharp as
        the original.  That is because 'yuvmedianfilter -T 3' was being
        used I think.  Add a "-t 0" to avoid filtering the luma.  If that
        is not sufficient then there is the 'y4munsharp' utility in the
        CVS version of mjpegtools (the default settings are usually
        sufficient).