On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Nicolas wrote:

> I now use, following your advices:
>
> nice -19 lav2yuv record_01.avi | y4mshift -n -2 -b 12,8,744,560 |
> y4mscaler -I sar=1:1 -O sar=59:54 -O size=704x576 -S option=sinc:6 |
> yuvmedianfilter -T 3 | yuvdeinterlace -f | mpeg2enc -f 8 -V 500 -c -D
> 10 -E -10 -q 2 -K tmpgenc -o record_01_cvs.m2v
>
> I use the -f 8 flag with mpeg2enc, thanks to your advices!

        You're welcome.

> picture. It seems to be ok for making a DVD, as you explained. However,

        Yes, and the contraints for "set top box" (a DVD player) are quite
        strict (only certain frame sizes, etc are allowed).

> displayed on a computer monitor. Therefore, I need the picture to have a
> 4/3 aspect, without any border.

        Do not be surprised if you have to change your proceedure when you
        make something that must play in a DVD player <grin>

> I'm working on it. But if you have any suggestion... ;-)

        Of course - I have never been accused of not having suggestions <grin>

        Since you have 1:1 pixels from the original capture you can do the
        crop to select a 4/3 selection, resample and encode with  "-f 3"
        (GENERIC MPEG-2).

        Something like this may work (but adjust it to your local
        situation ;)).   The output size was chosen to be a multiple of 16,
        that is fairly important when encoding MPEG-2.

lav2yuv record_01.avi | y4mshift -n -2 | \
   y4mscaler -I sar=1:1 -I active=744x560+12+8 -O sar=59:54 -O size=688x560 | \
   mpeg2enc -f 3 -b 8000 -q 4 -V 224 -D 10 -E -10 -2 1 -o output.m2v

        The scaling in this case is just resampling from 744 square pixels
        to 688 59:54 pixels - the image will display (using MPlayer) as
        746x560 (so there will be a 1 pixel black border - that's just how
        the numbers work out).  You can adjust the crop region slightly as
        you wish - that selection does NOT have to be a multiple of 16.

        Of course all of that will have to change when you want to produce
        content for a DVD ;)