On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Steven M. Schultz wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Steve Tell wrote:
>
> > yuvdenoise from 1.6.3RC1 is dumping core for me.
> >
> > I built from the source RPM that Ronald B posted about recently,
> > on a Fedora Core 2 P4 machine.
> >
> > I haven't got a very good traceback yet, just:
>
> > Does this ring a bell for anyone? I'll try to rebuild with -g and chase
> > into things a little.
>
>       It vaguely rings a bell.  But then my memory error correction logic
>       might be broken ;)
>
>       I think between RC1 and the current cvs the problem was fixed.
>       Certainly between RC1 and now yuvdenoise has undergone some major
>       changes - the "-Y", "-U" and "-V" options no longer exist.

It looked like it had already undergone major surgery since 1.6.2 - but
then I guess everything has too.

It does seem like the yuvdenoise manpage has been left in the dust.  Is
anyone's sense that yuvdenoise has stabilized again to the point where its
worth fixing the manpage?  I assume the patch would be welcome if I were
work on it.

Any hints on where to look for replacements for the various options no
longer present in yuvdenoise when reworking old scripts?
So far I found that "y4mshift -b" appears to replace the old "yuvdenoise
-b" option.

>       If you're the adventuresome type you might give the cvs version a
>       try.

I already had a CVS tree, and have been using CVS y4mspatialfilter.
But hadn't seen much noise about worthwhile changes in there, so hadn't
updated in a while.

Anyway, the CVS yuvdenoise does work for me.

>       It probably is time for a RC2 candidate - lots of things have been
>       fixed (Altivec/PPC with gcc4 should work now for example).

Given that these are "release candidates", is there a release-bound freeze
of some kind in place?

I've got some mjpegtools feature-patches I've written I use.  I'll be
porting them forward from 1.6.2 to RC? or CVS, and was wondering if I
should offer them up for review and possible inclusion now, or wait until
after a release for the next cycle.

Steve