On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, E.Chalaron wrote:

> >     I think it is safe to say that Y, U, and V are not valid options ;)
>
> They were for spatial filter no ?? Was it redundant with y4mspatialfilter ?

        I think the author of yuvdenoise decided that temporal filtering was
        more effective and caused less smoothing (loss of detail).

        If you want to blur the image there are other ways ;)  y4mspatialfilter
        is one, another is yuvmedianfilter.

        yuvmedianfilter with a small radius and heavy center pixel weighting is
        actually quit effective without losing a lot of detail.  Try "-r 1"
        (default is 2) and "-w 12" if you want a mild spatial filtering.