>  Also, what are you using to play back the multiplexed file?  Are you
> sure that it is not a bug in that application?  Have you tried burning
>  it to DVD and playing in a hardware player?

Well, what do you know!?

The Multiplexed mpeg (I haven't authored a DVD with it yet...) plays
*fine* in PowerDVD! And if I load it into Adobe Premiere, it loads and
plays the audio fine

It's WMP 10 (on some of the desktops in the lab) that screws it up. I
need to find few more players to see. Windows IIRC doesn't ship with
an MPEG video decoder so it's a matter of what filters WMP picked up
when it tried to play these files.

I'm on 1.6.3rc1. I just got the latest from CVS but I'm having build
issues (starting from  autoconf / automake / configure, etc, there are
a few dependencies I don't have...but I'll figure those out and won't
bother the list with them!)

I'm going to use the newer version, because I want to make sure there
isn't anything slightly off in the generated output.

Thanks for your quick responses!

--
Robert Swirsky
Theme Park Photo, LLC