Hej Pedro !

>Hello friends, id like to try mjpegtools im my sgi o2, to convert some
>stuff to mpg format, somebody knows how i can compile mjpegtools on irix???

A long long time ago... ok, i'll make it short ;)
IRIX is a tough to work with; besides the endianness issue there are also
huge troubles with the diectory structure, the compiler and linking.

I had an mpeg2enc running one time, but soon found out that mpeg2enc's
threading support was unstable at that time, which made the whole purpose
of encoding MPEGs on an Onyx (multi-CPU) go away, as the MPEG encoding
speed on MIPS-CPUs is clearly inferior due to low integer-speed.

SDL is not easily available, that's why a bunch of tools cannot be
compiled.

In short: the only support for MJPEGTools on IRIX was to disable
everything that caused me trouble in compilation, and to try if mpeg2enc
worked. Even this IRIX detection could by now be removed in ./configure .

In short: Do not try it if you don't want to become an mjpeg developer ;)

Servus,
  Gernot

--
O  The Austria <=> Sweden <=> Germany <=> Netherlands connection.....   H