On Sun, 21 Aug 2005, Gernot Ziegler wrote:

> In short: the only support for MJPEGTools on IRIX was to disable
> everything that caused me trouble in compilation, and to try if mpeg2enc
> worked. Even this IRIX detection could by now be removed in ./configure .

        You didn't notice that ./configure had IRIX support removed ages ago?
        :)

        I did find a couple references to IRIX in INSTALL.real and (an erroneous
        message) in audiolib.c .  Those have been updated - the message in
        audiolib.c was really that 'soundcard.h' was not found and that is
        true for other systems (such as OS/X).

> In short: Do not try it if you don't want to become an mjpeg developer ;)

        :)

        It sounded also as if you'd have to be a "developer" for other projects
        as well  - such as SDL.