On Sun, 25 Sep 2005, Frank Albrecht wrote:

> I use yuvdenoise for a long time with the options -S and -b.
> Are these gone in mjpegtools 1.8.x?

        Yes, they are gone in 1.8 (actually they have been gone in the cvs
        version for almost 2 years ;)).

> I don't see an equivalence in other yuv-tools.

        '-b' has a 100% equivalent in 'y4mshift'.

> How can I(little) sharpen the video?

        man y4munsharp

        ;)

        y4munsharp is effectively the GIMP unsharpmask plugin for YUV4MPEG2
        streams.  It is also much better than the '-S' option was with the
        old yuvdenoise <g>.

        The defaults are sane but feel free to experiment (if you know how
        to use the GIMP's unsharpmask filter then you know how to use
        y4munsharp - the parameters and thei meanings are the same as in the
        GIMP).

> How can I set a black border for the overscan area?

        y4mshift -b xoff,yoff,xsize,ysize

        y4mshift can also be used to center the 704 active pixels in the
        720 pixel frame.  Both vertical and horizontal centering can be
        performed and you can use '-n', '-N' and '-b' all at the same time.

        However if you are going to DVD you can crop to 704x576 (which is a
        valid DVD frame size) - just thought I'd mention that.