Hello,

I have an MJPEG AVI that I wish to split into a series of JPEGs. I've tried using lavtran, like so:

bash% lavtrans +n -o image%05d.jpeg -f i vid.AVI

but it generates JPEGS with empty huffman tables (0x0 DHT).

So the approach I end up using is to first translate the MJPEG to a YUV stream, transform these to PNMs, then transform the PNMs to JPEGs:

bash% lav2yuv +n MVI_1704.AVI | y4mtoppm | pnmsplit - image%d.pnm

Is there a cleaner way? A way of using mjpegtools to go directly from MJPEG to JPEGs (and filling out DHTs) ?

Thanks

Lex