[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I want to extract an audio track from an avi to a wav file
The video stream is RGB uncompressed
the audio stream use ms-ima-adpcm codec
I've tried the work with various tools (mjpegtools, ffmpeg, transcode and
avidemux...)
The mjpegtools works fine on my video stream, but only ffmpeg seems to decode
the audio stream. In each case, with ffmpeg, I am able to get only an AC3 audio
track that's terribly noiseful!

Can anyone help me? How can I tell to transcode (or lavtrans or lav2wav - for example) to use the ms-ima-adpcm codec ? Thanks

*If* mplayer can handle this format you can get it to write to a wave file like this:

mplayer -vc dummy -vo null -ao pcm file.avi

and you will end up with a wave (audiodump.wav) file that you can encode into another format.

Mark