On Tue, 28 Feb 2006, E.Chalaron wrote:

> Just to let you know that J.Cornet wrote some nice tools to complete with
> mjpegtools, such as yuvmotionfps etc... It could be great to have this
> included in the CVS
>
> Have a look at
> http://jcornet.free.fr/
> MJPEGtools section

        There are, that I see, 4 programs:

1. yuvframestofields doubles the frame rate by making frames out of each field

2. yuvfieldstoframes halves the frame rate by making fields out of each frame

3. yuvntscframetopalfield takes an ntsc-rate stream (at 29.97fps) and makes it
     a pal-field-rate stream (at 50fps).

4. yuvflip takes an yuv4mpeg stream and flips it horizontally or vertically

        #4 appears interesting - not sure how much use it will see.  But then
        mjpegtools has many niche or infrequently used programs ;)

        #2 though would seem to be a duplicate of 'y4minterlace' which takes
        a field from two frames into 1 frame and halves the rate.  IF #2 is
        aimed at converting ~60 frame/sec progressive (720p HDTV for example)
        down to 720i then y4minterlace will be the tool to use.

        How many folks need/want #1 and #3?