Bernhard Praschinger wrote:

>How different is yuvmotionfps to the current version of yuvfps with the
>weighted average of two temporally closest input frames/fields that is
>aviable ?

yuvmotionfps interpolates the motion of blocks withing the image rather
than doing a simple temporal averaging of the entire frame.
This allows a very smooth motion of the objects without blurring or
other effects.
I've described the process in more details (with stick figure drawings) at:
http://jcornet.free.fr/linux/yuvmotionfps.html

>>As for yuvflip, I use it everyday :-)
>>

>One thing I would have really needed 3 times was rotating the picture by
>90°. When I recored with the digital camera in the wrong angle (but
>works perfect for pictures)
>BTW: My camera makes 30FPS at 640x480.

Good idea, I'll work on this over the weekend !

>>#3 can be very useful for us in PAL countries. People from Samoa, Japan etc,
>>coming here with their camera and unable to watch what they recorded. It has
>>its use.
>>

>I have never had the need to use such a conversation. My equipment is
>able to to play back PAL and NTSC. (Should be able to do SECAM to but I
>did not have the change yet)
>But it might be interresting to.

Unfortunately in Canada they still sell NTSC-only DVD players, and
there's no way you can play PAL-DVDs on those.
I had to convert DVDs made from videos taken in France to play them here
in Canada (I did the other way around as well).
So, yeah, it's probably a niche market but since I'm in the niche :-) ...

>>May be niche market  but since its here ....
>>

>#1 yuvframestofields sounds interresting. Maybe it would fit into yuvfps
>too.

I like general purpose tools :-) yuframestofields and yufieldstoframes
are really handy if you are doing any kind of processing that requires
progressive frames, but you still need to go back to interlaced video
after that.

If you have any question, please let me know,
  Jerome