On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 04:54:55PM -0700, Steven M. Schultz wrote:
> > In fact, I'm archiving old Hi8 cassettes shot around 10 years ago.
>
>       Using a MJPEG (is this the DC30+ that's been mentioned or have I
>       confused this thread with a different one) card?
>
> > >   There's something about the source that's creating files that
> > >   are right on the edge of being usable.

Indeed, I tried one year ago to use a Zoran card, which I still have. I
did not get good result, because I probably did set a too high quality.
I had frame drops and so on. That's why I bough an analog<->digital
converter. It's a Canopus ADVC-110, which is really good.
I now plan to use again my Zoran card. I have SECAM tapes to encode, and
the ADVC-110 does not convert SECAM videos (even if it's supposed
to...).

I'm now running tests with different options.

Is there a way to apply all those YUV filter on one frame (I'll look at
the formats available in Cinelerra-CV) and convert it to jpeg to look at
it? That way I'd test the options quicker... ;-)

Nicolas.