Hallo

Sorry for writing so late.
> > I have the Miro installed on my home server because I want to run a (low
> > traffic) weather cam. Now I trying to find out howto to grab a jpg from
> > /dev/video every 5 sec. The output jpg must be overwritten everytime, so
> > I can show the actual weather online.

In the cvs version, you find a not that well documented command line
option -f j.
That creates a jpeg output file instead of a mjpeg encoded AVI/MOV file.
When you work with the time laps option (-T) you get a picture very n
frames.

The command I use to create a jpeg file every scond (PAL) which get's
overwritten lookes like that:
lavrec -f j -i P -d 1 -q 55 -a 0 -T 25 test.jpg

If you want a different filename for each recorded picture just use the
%0xd in the output filename:
lavrec -f j -i P -d 1 -q 55 -a 0 -T 20 test%04d.jpg

That might solve some problems discused here lately.

BTW: If you record at full Video size the recorded JPEG is still
interlaced. Means 2 jpeg images in one file for each field. Most viewers
only show the first image.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]