On Wed, 5 Jul 2006, stefan wrote:

> clearly depends on what he tries to do... I (at least) prefer good
> deinterlaced material to interlaced material as I can not tell the

        It's your (and his) video.

        NOTE: reversing a 2:2 or 2:3 pulldown IS NOT deinterlacing.  Un-doing
              a film->video pulldown is LOSSLESS when correctly done.

        Deinterlacing is, as you might guess, not lossless.

> BTW I do record progressive only, now... *g*

        Silly to record progressive if the source is  interlaced.  Or is
        broadcast TV in Germany progressive?

> but clearly, I suppose, he does use an old version... There should not
> be any greenscreen in current yuvdeinterlace. Can I please get an URL to

        I think part of the problem is that '-s' was being accepted as valid
        even though it is ignored (does nothing).  I have removed and checked
        in the change to completely remove -s.

        -g is, from what I can see, still a valid option.

        True, there should not be any green screen (which is a symptom of
        0 filled buffers since Y'CbCr of 0/0/0 is a bright green).

        I wouldn't know if there is a problem or not since I leave interlaced
        material interlaced at encoding time ;)

        Deinterlacing can be done at playback time if needed.  So for TV
        displays you have the original interlaced video,  but for computer
        display you can choose how to deinterlace ('xine' I believe has
        a choice of methods to use when deinterlacing at playback time).