Hi,

I hope this is not a trivial question, but since I have a lot of Video8
tapes to save before they cannot be played anymore, I would like to save
them digitally the best way.

I made some experiments with VCD and XviD, using a DC30+ card, but there
are so many parameters to tune, so I would like to have at least a rough
idea of what output format to choose (or even to avoid).

I just guess that DVD is to avoid, since there is nothing to gain.

Also, I guess VCD should not be bad at all, and it fits well with my
tapes (all are one hour long).

Finally, I would avoid XviD because some people that asked me for a copy
of a tape don't have a DivX player (nor Video8 camcorder).

Any hint will be very appreciated.

Best regards.

PS
Yes, I have read several time the MJPEG-HOWTO and the man pages.