On Friday 10 November 2006 16:44, Bernhard Praschinger wrote:
> Hallo

> >> Hello again, Bernhard.
> >>
> >> v4l-conf -c /dev/video0
> >> v4l-conf: using X11 display :0.0
> >> WARNING: v4l-conf is compiled without DGA support.
> >> mode: 1280x1024, depth=24, bpp=32, bpl=5120, base=unknown
> >> WARNING: couldn't find framebuffer base address, try manual
> >>          configuration ("v4l-conf -a <addr>")
> >> /dev/video0 [v4l2]: configuration done
>
> One thing comes into my mind. You use a color depth of 24, can you
> "downgrade" it to 16 bit. I think I remember problems with 24 bit, and
> 16 bit worked well. That would be a setting in the X11 config.
>
> > Slight adjustment needed - the file that needs editing is v4l.conf, not
> > v4l.config, and the framebuffer address is found in Xorg.0.log.
>
> Where is that file. I didn't find it on my machine.

/var/log/Xorg.0.log

> > Now I can get sound and vision in xawtv (tvtime still doesn't recognise
> > the card, saying it "can't open capture device /dev/video0).
>
> Does recording work ?

It does - glav has no problem playing it back.

> > I've still a bit of a problem, though, as after a few seconds everything
> > on the screen starts blinking - though not necessarily continuously.
> > What could cause that?

I wonder if it was because the audio level was set too loud?  It didn't happen
at all this time.

The only problem I see now is in the terminal message 'Disk too slow, can not
keep pace!'.  Perhaps a dma issue?  I'll have to look into that.

Thanks, as always, for the help.

Anne