On Wednesday 27 December 2006 23:06, Steven M. Schultz wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Dec 2006, Bernhard Praschinger wrote:
> > > libquicktime0     0.9.7-1
> > > libmjpegtools0    1.8.0-0.4
> > > mjpegtools        1.8.0-0.4
> >
> > That version's look ok, can you run ldd /path_to/lavrec.
>
>       Are you sure about that?  I think the required version of libquicktime
>       was bumped to 0.98 to resolve the lqt_fileno "problem".

That would be nice if there was a package for it.

> > Alway's compiled the mjpegtools and libquicktime from source :)
>
>       I'll agree with that.

That opens another big can of worms---tons of dependancy problems:

./configure # libquicktime
<snip>
lame:       Missing (Go to http://www.mp3dev.org/)
libjpeg:    Yes
libpng:     Yes
libavcodec: Missing (Go to http://www.ffmpeg.org/)
gtk >= 2.4.0: Yes
Alsa        Missing (Go to http://www.alsa-project.org/)
GPL plugins Disabled

lame is already installed. I assume the above means I need liblame-dev, no?
Well, where on earth do I get that? ..and so on, and so forth with recursion..

The deeper I get into this the more time I spend.

Regards,
David Koski