Hi,

Andrea Giuliano schrieb:
> Could it really be this the cause of the problem? It seems questionable
> to me, because the adapter actually produces a 7.5 volt direct current.
> Indeed, it could do that not very well, the current may be not so
> "direct" as CT2 requires, I don't know.

This will most likely be the problem. It is not easy to get a well
stabilized and filtered DC out of AC. Grounding may be a problem, too.

A good AC -> DC converter with stabilized and AC-free voltage-output
easily can cost about 40-50(!) €. Anything below will be suspicious to
make problems with video-equipment...

Before you buy some high-cost converter, you can try with a battery-pack
of 7.5 V. But _please_ check the voltage before use, as batteries can
have some higher output, when new.

cu
Stefan

PS: You may otherwise go to a ham-radio-OM near you and dare asking if
he/she will build you such a converter. These people usually know how to
make real stable currents... (And usually they have a full measuring
"park" of instruments to check you device -- vy 73 & tnx :)