Hallo

>>> The seller told me that the problem could be the european frequency (I
>>      I think he is correct.
>
>>> Any hint?
>>      Can you try a stepdown transformer?  By that I mean use the power
>>      120V -> 7.5V adaptor that came with the CT2  BUT use a transformer
>>      to go from 240/220 -> 120V.  It could be the quality of the 7.5V
>>      makes a big difference.
>
> It sounds as a good idea, but can you explain what a "stepdown
> transformer" is? I guess a "transformer" is an equipment that converts
> an alternate current from a voltage to another, but I guess it keeps the
> frequency, and I don't know if that's the same for Europe and USA. Does
> "stepdown" refer to the frequency or just to the reduction of voltage?
So you think you have a problem with the "power supply".
What are the numbers on the power supply (input/output voltage/power
rating...)

Have you measured the output voltage of the power supply ?
If the plug is a common one you should find a compareable supply very easy.

Normaly I would try as replacement some kind of "generic" DC power supply.

That kind of stepdown transformers are rather uncommon in the area where
I live. Usually the device has a fitting power supply for Europe.

BTW: How can any static transformer change the frequency ?

And yes in the USA they use typically 60Hz, and in Europe we have most
of the time 50Hz. Except some weird things like the railway system, that
has in Austria, 16,6Hz (I know better ideas), and Italy where they use DC.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard