I'm trying, for the first time, to create a DVD with menus, and having no
success.  There have been some valiant efforts on the dvdauthor list to help
me, but no-one seems to know what's wrong, so I wondered if anyone here can
help.  It looks as though most of the documentation on the Internet is quite
old, and one email does say that when he wrote his how-to the documented
commands work, but now they don't.

My xml file is long - I'll post all of it if it helps, but only parts for now.

There should be three titlesets when complete.  The first one has only one
mpg:

        <vmgm>
                <menus>
                        <video format="pal">
                        </video>
                        <pgc entry="title">
                                <vob file="main.mpg"></vob>
                                <button name="1Shanghai">jump titleset 1
menu;</button>
                                <button name="2Yunan">jump titleset 2
menu;</button>
                                <button name="3Shanghai">jump titleset 2
menu;</button>
                        </pgc>
                </menus>
</vmgm>
        <titleset>
                <menus>
                        <pgc entry="root">
                                <vob file="airport.mpg"></vob>
                                <button name="Shanghai">jump title 1 chapter
1;</button>
                                <button name="Menu">jump vmgm menu;</button>
                        </pgc>
                </menus>
                <titles>
                        <pgc>
                                <vob file="scene1.mpg"/>
                                <post>resume;</post>
                        </pgc>
                </titles>
        </titleset>

Dvdauthor processes this without any problems.  The second one comes unstuck:

        <titleset>
                <menus>
                        <pgc entry="root">
                                <vob file ="yunan.mpg"></vob>
                                <button name="1kunming">jump chapter 1;</button>
                                <button name="2sforest">jump chapter 2;</button>
                                <button name="3lijiang">jump chapter 3;</button>
                                <button name="4sjtm">   jump chapter 4;</button>
                                <button name="5naxi">   jump chapter 5;</button>
                                <button name="6temple"> jump chapter 6;</button>
                                <button name="7lijiang">jump chapter 7;</button>
                                <button name="8kunming">jump chapter 8;</button>
                                <button name="menu">jump vmgm menu;</button>
                        </pgc>
                </menus>
                <titles>
                        <pgc>
                                <vob file="scene2.mpg"></vob>
                                <vob file="scene3.mpg"></vob>
                                <vob file="scene4.mpg"></vob>
                                <vob file="scene5.mpg"></vob>
                                <vob file="scene6.mpg"></vob>
                                <vob file="scene7.mpg"></vob>
                                <vob file="scene8.mpg"></vob>
                                <vob file="scene9.mpg"></vob>
                                <post>resume;</post>
                        </pgc>
                </titles>
        </titleset>

Processing continues until scene9.mpg is complete, then stops.  The error
produced with this is

ERR:  Menus do not have chapters
ERR:  in VTSM pgc 0, button 1kunming

I've tried 'jump menu', 'call menu', 'jump cell 1' 'jump title 1' but they
either return that they can't do that, or they give the same error mentioned
above.

Googling didn't help at all.  Does anyone here know what the problem is?

Thanks

Anne