On Thursday 19 April 2007, Stephen Mollett wrote:
> On Thursday 19 Apr 2007, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > The only remaining problem is how to test it. Sadly, it's 4.8GB... I'll
> > have to try to find a way to get xine to play direct from the directory.
>
> That's the easy bit - "xine dvd://path_to/root_of/dvd_structure"

I've used that in the past, but it didn't work this time.

> Don't you just hate it when you go a teeny bit over the single-layer size
> limit... I've re-encoded parts of things before now just to get them below
> 4.7x10^9 bytes - I had one thing that was only about 100kB over, which was
> really annoying! Oh for a way to overburn like you can with CDs.

I understand that there are several tools that can shrink such files, but I
normally get dvdauthor to create the dvd exactly as it will burn to disk.  I
presume that to use any of the shrinking tools I'll have to get it to create
a raw file, shrink that, then burn it.  Hmm

Anne