Hi,

recently I observed a performance problem of lavrec after upgrading my
computer. I am running SuSE Linux 10.1 (32 bit) on an Athlon 64 X2 3800+. I
am capturing from a bt 878 with software encoding. I recompiled both
mjpegtools 1.8.0 and the CVS version tuned to my hardware. I have always a
CPU-usage of 100% (i.e., one core is used completely). I received tons of
audio errors and many inserted/deleted frames (but no lost frames). My first
idea was that the jpeg library is too slow. So I recompiled everything using
jpeg-mmx (0.1.6). It seems to be only slightly faster.

On my old machine (an Athlon 1.2 GHz) I did not observe such problems.

Do you have any hints on how to proceed?

Thank you,

Michael