Michael Hanke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> recently I observed a performance problem of lavrec after upgrading my
> computer. I am running SuSE Linux 10.1 (32 bit) on an Athlon 64 X2 3800+. I
> am capturing from a bt 878 with software encoding. I recompiled both
> mjpegtools 1.8.0 and the CVS version tuned to my hardware. I have always a
> CPU-usage of 100% (i.e., one core is used completely). I received tons of
> audio errors and many inserted/deleted frames (but no lost frames). My first
> idea was that the jpeg library is too slow. So I recompiled everything using
> jpeg-mmx (0.1.6). It seems to be only slightly faster.
>
> On my old machine (an Athlon 1.2 GHz) I did not observe such problems.
>
> Do you have any hints on how to proceed?
What sound card do you use, what command did you use for recording.
What kernel (original suse, something different)
The jpeg-mmx does not work with the current CVS. If you have it in you
system check with ldd lavrec, if lavrec might be linked against it.

Does recording without sound work ?

Does recording with streamer (should be included in the xawtv package)
work ?

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]