Hi,

Steven M. Schultz schrieb:
[...]
>> the ever changing options...
>
>       Yep - hard to keep up sometimes.

You mean commandline options or internal options?
The internal options are VERY stable. As far as I see, the ffmpeg people really
care about API/ABI stability. The last incompatible change was in libavformat,
but that could be fixed with some trivial 5 line patches in my code.

The only thing I miss in ffmpeg is a proper Audio API. It's a planned feature,
but I think they didn't have enough flamewars yet to agree on an approach.
And then they would need someone to do the actual coding :)

[...]
>       ./configure --enable-gpl
>
>       (need that to include ffmpeg's libavcodec as I recall)

No, it's for faad2 and x264. ffmpeg is LGPL.

[...]
>       If you still have problems the libquicktime-devel list is probably
>       a better place to carry on the conversation.

Indeed

Burkhard