On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 22:06 +0100, Bernhard Frühmesser wrote:
> I am sure i used the same settings on both computers but the file
> created on the Mac with Compressor has about 415MB while the file
> created with mpeg2enc has only 114MB so far i don´t see much quality
> difference.

What version of mjpegtools are you using?  A little over a year ago,
IIRC, a bug was introduced into mpeg2enc which caused it to over
compress files. The bug remained in the CVS head until a couple of
months ago. I think that's when the author worked on it an got it to
working better anyway. There is still some discussion on whether it is
now fixed. Some say yes an some say no. I haven't had a chance to update
any of the linux video tools I use, so I can't comment on it one way or
the other.

Stan