On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 19:53 -0800, Steven M. Schultz wrote:

>       You can get a good idea of the average bitrate like this:
>
>               mplex -f 8 -o /dev/null input.m2v

Hi Steven,

I tried this using the latest CVS of mjpegtools on a video capture from
satellite TV using the ADVC-110.  Video was 84,120 frames long. Average
bit rate indicated was 5,017,600  Peak bit rate was 9,274,800   The file
length was 1,706,553,307

This is the command used to encode the video:

mpeg2enc -f 8 -D 10 -E -10 -4 1 -2 1 -c -q 4 -o file.m2v

I have not yet made a DVD from this to see what it looks like.  I'll try
to make one later today.

I noticed, as the info lines were scrolling by, some of the q= numbers
were rather high at times. 62.00 is the highest I saw. EVERY time I saw
the high numbers, they were in pass2. 16 is one of the highest I saw in
enc1.

So I still don't know if the problem is fixed or what.

Stan