On 25/05/2008, at 6:43 PM, Christian Ebert wrote:

> * Mark Heath on Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 08:47:53 +1000
>> By the way I have my own blending framerate converter (yuvaifps)
>> available on my lavtools site
>> http://silicontrip.net/~mark/lavtools/index.php#yuvafps
>
> On MacOS 10.4.11 with latest mjpegtools from cvs (except for
> mpeg2enc) I get:
>
> $ gcc yuvafps.c -I/usr/local/include/mjpegtools -lmjpegutils -o
> yuvafps
> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
> _next_larger_quant
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
>> From your building advice I take it you are compiling against
> fink's mjpegtools, but those are very old (1.6.2). Is it because
> I use a newer version or do you have any other idea what I might
> be doing wrong?

I've never seen this error, I am guessing it has to do with the
installed libraries.

I am building against 1.9.0rc3 I did fix some errors in my code a few
weeks back, but I'm not getting any linking errors.

I've done a search and libmpeg2encpp.dylib is the library that defines
_next_larger_quant.  I don't know why the other libraries depend on
it, but it does sound like you need to compile the libraries with
mpeg2enc

Let me know if this helps.
Mark