On 15/10/2008, at 6:00 AM, Curt Howland wrote:

> $ mplex -f 8 -S
> 0 -M -o "/tmp/Test/mov03d/mov03d.mpeg2" "/tmp/Test/mov03d/
> mov03d.m2v" "/tmp/Test/mov03d/mov03d.m2a"
>  INFO: [mplex] mplex version 1.8.0 (2.2.4 $Date: 2005/08/28 17:50:54
> $)
> **ERROR: [mplex] File /tmp/Test/mov03d/mov03d.m2v unrecogniseable!

[snip]

> $ mplayer mov03d.m2v

[snip]

> Starting playback...
> VDec: vo config request - 720 x 480 (preferred colorspace: Planar
> YV12)
> VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
> Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
> VO: [xv] 720x480 => 720x540 Planar YV12
> V:  27.5 824/824 16%  6%  0.0% 0 0
>
> Is the problem found here? As far as I can tell, mplayer is reporting
> it's an mpeg-2 video stream, and I don't see how mplex won't
> recognize it.

I have found that mplayer will skip bad header data until it finds
something playable.  I've had exactly the same issue. Where mplayer
played a file fine but mplex wouldn't recognise it.

have you tried "file" on the m2v file?

eg
% file example.m2v
example.m2v: MPEG sequence, v2, [EMAIL PROTECTED] interlaced Y'CbCr 4:2:0
video,
4CIF PAL, 16:9, 25 fps

If yours says a similar thing, then perhaps your version of mplex is
broken.
Are you able to make the file available?

If file reports "data" or something other than MPEG sequence, then
mplayer hasn't demuxed the file properly or has included corrupted
data at the start of the file.

You could try using bbdmux (part of bbtools)
http://members.cox.net/beyeler/bbmpeg.html
, to demux the camera file.
(source is available and I've had it compile it on linux and osx)

Or you could use ffmpeg to demux the file:

ffmpeg -i example.mpg -vcodec copy example.m2v

The format looks OK, so you should not need to re-encode it.

Mark