hello, just some infos/corrections (no solution)

Le 3 juin 09 à 06:10, Steven M. Schultz a écrit :

> On Wed, 3 Jun 2009, Richard Archer wrote:
>
>> Here's the setup and the results:
>>
>> $ ffmpeg -deinterlace -i "test.m2v" -r 25.000 -s 720x576
>> -aspect 4:3 -f yuv4mpegpipe -aspect 4:3 -pix_fmt yuv444p - |
>> y4mstabilizer -v -v >/dev/null
[...]
>       The PROBLEM the use of "-pix_fmt yuv444p".  -pix_fmt does not scale
> or resample the
>       data!!   -pix_fmt simply tells ffmpeg what value to put into the
> yuv4mpeg header.
>       Maybe ffmpeg can do the chroma resampling but I'm fairly sure that -
> pix_fmt is not
>       the way to do it.

this is the good arg for ffmpeg to convert planes ;-)
it converts / resample data  (like y4mscaler) and no only headers
(like yuvcorrect)

>> Seems stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate:
>> 50.00 (50/1) -> 25.00 (25/1)
>       ffmpeg is saying your input is 50 frames/sec?  Hmmm, interesting.

not really,
it just says that: pts computed from wrapper can only fit in a
timeBase 50 (aka 50 fields, aka interlaced broadcast)
but contents is 25fps
(ffmpeg output is not so clear ;-))

>>   INFO: [y4mstabilizer]   frame rate:  25/1 fps (~25.000000)
>>   INFO: [y4mstabilizer]    interlace:  top-field-first
>>   INFO: [y4mstabilizer] sample aspect ratio:  16:15

one tip to Richard:
if your contents is interlaced, deinterlace (from ffmpeg or another
mjpeg tool)
if your contents is progressive (and only the wrapper is interlaced),
correct headers with yuvcorrect
…your stream is still written as interlaced when it reaches
y4mstabilizer

I had some crashes too with y4mstabilizer (official 190 and previous
RC),
a file crashed after 7 minutes (was only for tests purposes, but it's
a great tool, with a great result :-))
I'm on MacOsX
If somebody is interested, I can try to reproduce it (was "old", I
must try to remember "how to" :-D) and send crash log

bye

Hervé